Friday, March 21, 2014

San Francisco!

San Francisco was a much needed trip. Me, mom, grandma, and Christine left for a week to enjoy the city, sun, and each others company. We checked into the Sir Francis Drake (a boutique style hotel, perfect!) and then got some rest. The week consisted of touring Alcatraz and meeting an old inmate, eating clam chowder at Fisherman's Warf, sundaes at Ghirardelli Square, the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Coit tower, paddle boating through Golden Gate Park, and shopping, shopping, SHOPPING! Sound like a lot? It was! We were exhausted but loved every minute! I'm so glad I got to spend time with such beautiful girls in such a beautiful city.



We rode cable cars everywhere we went! Turns out we got to most of our destinations by luck but the experience was so much fun! 



An old inmate from Alcatraz was there signing books! He was a sweet old man but we googled him and turns out he just got out of jail 2 years ago... scary! He also just got married! Congrats Mr!


 "Wait, I can't go to jail... I'm going on a mission!!"


I don't really like chocolate... but their strawberry ice cream was dang good.



 My best friend for 8 years lives just out of the city and her and her mom came and drove us to the sites that were too far for cable cars. I loved getting to see her before I leave! We had a jam packed morning/ afternoon going to the Golden Gate Bridge, paddling our moms through the beautiful park, lunch at the Japanese tea gardens, Lombard street, Coit tower, and lots of fun.



The wind at the bridge was so crazy! We walked about 1/6 of the way and then walked back. "Hold on to your eyelashes!" 

I got to try out the new Polaroid! Still getting the hang of it.


 Chinatown and Fisherman's Warf!



The cutest doorman ever! We had to get a pic.






Peace out San Fran, see you in 18 months! It was such a great trip we want to go back! I won't let them go without me so they will have to wait until I get home ;) 




Oh and I only have 5 days left until I leave!!! Getting, excited, anxious, and nervous... but mostly excited! We have a fun weekend filled with family, friends, and pie :) Keep checking in to see what we're up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment