Wednesday, April 2, 2014

1st Week in the MTC

Hey all!
Okay here's the skinny. Hermana Briggs and I are in our own district like I said, then the other district has 6 sisters. Then we are also with a district of 8 elders all in our branch/ zone. Make sense? They are all awesome.









I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it here! There is something about feeling the spirit all the time and studying the gospel every day that makes it easier to be here. I love it!!! Okay focus. 

So Hna. Briggs and I started teaching 2 investigators the second day! One guy we are teaching, his name is David. He is is a returned missionary that fell away from the church. He feels like God abandoned him. We have taught him 4 times now all in spanish and it was getting really frustrating. Not because we couldn't speak spanish, we're doing that just fine but he is very stubborn and wasn't receptive. Finally during the last lesson I said, (I said it in Spanish but I'll tell you in English) "look David, God loves you. He has an infinite love for you. You are favored of the Lord and he needs your help. You have a testimony of this gospel, I know it, I can see it in your eyes. I know God loves you so much." I watched as he started to cry (keep in mind he's an actor) but when The Spirit is present everyone can feel it. It was so cool to watch him have a change of heart. They we asked him if he would help us teach our next lesson with an investigator. I told him we needed his help and he was so excited. So it's kind of fun to have little investigator role play thing. It's fun. 

Our other investigator is Francis. He is a father of 2 and his son has cancer. He is super receptive of the lessons and we are going to teach him the 4th discussion tomorrow. David will come and hopefully all will go well. So that's that about "investigators".

I see Elder Simpson every day! It's fun. I haven't seen Spencer or Mich or anyone else yet. But maybe! 


So for our devotional on Sunday David Archuletta came! Whaaa? He got home from his mission last Monday and had his homecoming that day! He's a cutie. He has such a strong testimony and the closing hymn he sang the first 2 verses and we sang the last one with him and he got all choked up when we all sang together. It was so powerful. AHH missions are the best!! I can't believe how much I love it! Then we went to choir practice on Tuesday for the Tuesday devotional and they said this is the best time to be in the MTC because the next couple of Devotionals are going to be recorded and broadcasted to all MTC's all over the world! So I'll be on there ;) yeah. I am already starting to see why I was prompted to come out here early. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. And that is so assuring. 

So I guess when I received the gift of tongues that also meant the gift to type fast. :) I want to thank everyone for their emails and packages! I am definitely the blessed missionary in our zone :) I have an amazing family. I feel bad because I can't write as much as I want to. We don't have as much time during the day. But I love all of you so much and your letters make my day. I will get to writing each of you I promise!

So our day usually goes something like this:
Wake up at 6 
Breakfast at 7:30
Class at 8 - Investigators/ language study/ coaching/ study cycle. Depends on the day.
Gym at 11:30- Austin and Callie, we play volleyball everyday and I think about you guys every time. I totally smack down too. You'd be proud ;)
Lunch at 12:30 we get sack lunches and go have a picnic 
Back to class at 1:40
Dinner at 4:30
And then class, devotional, study cycle or something after dinner til 9:30. It just depends on the day. 
And that's what happens! I absolutely love my life right now. I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned since day one. It's amazing. 

Okay well that's all I have for this week! I love you all sooooooo much! I look forward to writing to you next week!

Love from Provo, 
Hermana Hammond









No comments:

Post a Comment