Monday, May 19, 2014

Best week! (Out of like 8...),

Hello everyone!

I would say this is the best week of my mission but it hasn't been long enough so I don't know what to call it... haha, but what a great week!!!!! First I want to tell you about some of our investigators that need more prayers and thoughts. 

Valeria- She is a rock star. She is 16 and wants to get baptized so bad. Her boyfriend is in our ward and she comes every week. It's actually pretty funny because in our lessons she ends up teaching us! Haha, she takes over and explains everything so perfectly. She wants to serve a mission too! The problem is her mom won't give her permission to be baptized. She wants her to learn more and maybe she can in the next year. Well this is salvation we're talking about so we have been studying a lot for this. This situation is super common down here. The young people are so fun to teach! They just soak it all in and burst with light! It's unreal. I gave her a CTR ring but in Spanish and she almost started crying. She is so patient and has so much faith. She was supposed to be baptized on Saturday but... well... now you know what happened. So please pray for her and her mom.

Oscar- So he has been an investigator for about 4 years... yeah. He had a baptismal date but the day of his baptism his dad died. And then the missionaries got transferred and it was a huge mess. He is supposed to get baptized this Saturday but the problem with him is he didn't come to church yesterday. There was a huge soccer game yesterday and he partied with his friends. He doesn't understand the Sabbath Day. We went to his house after to talk to him but he wasn't there. Prayers for us that we won't beat him up (joke) and prayers that he will understand the commandments. 

Fimilia Medina- This family is very special to me. They are less actives and 2 of their daughters want to be baptized. They are very poor. It is very humbling. I love them with all my heart. The parents are Rosa and Nestor and the daughters are Florencia and Ashalen. Nestor is blind but they are the greatest family. They are so humble and need a lot of prayers. Saturday night we taught them the plan of salvation and the importance of temples. I prayed so hard that Heavenly Father would help me with my Spanish because when I teach people are focused because I am learning the language. It was the greatest lesson. I just opened my mouth and I know Heavenly Father was talking through me. That is what if feels like to be a missionary. That is why I love this so much. We are servants of the Lord. We represent Christ and we prepare ourselves to be worthy to teach Heavenly Father's most beloved children. It is incredible.  Nestor said the closing prayer and everyone was crying. The spirit was so strong. So please be mindful of them in your prayers. It is very appreciated. 

Okay that is good as far as investigators/members go. 

The ward is doing great! Still no bishop but we are getting by. I love the members. We have lunch every day with a family and it´s so fun! It's the perfect opportunity to practice my Spanish. 

(Side note... Manji! Guess what number our apartment is..... 7.) :)

Food is great! I am losing weight but I don't know why.... we eat all the time! Haha, well we don't have dinner so I guess that's why. Hermana Creason made banana bread! It's unreal. Like unreal. And Thursday I made Pangea! I don't miss anything yet. We have clean water in our apartment so I'm good there. We have been working on organizing our apartment and area book... Elders before us left it a mess! But the problem is vacuums don't exist here... it's gross. And lawn mowers are plugged in... they look like vacuums. 

Well I think I said it all! I love it so much here! Oh! We had zone conference Saturday and Stake Conference Saturday and Sunday so I saw Elder Slighting! He is so great! He and his companion did a practice with President Levrino as the investigator. He is an incredible missionary. His Spanish is off the charts and they are having a lot of success! Okay now I think that's everything.

I love you all and I am keeping you in my prayers. Woah I forgot something else.... Last night after Conference we decided to go contacting close to our apartment because it's safer. I said a prayer to Heavenly Father and said, "Guide me to the door and I will knock (or clap)." Well that's exactly what happened! We were walking down a street and I felt the prompting to go to the house across the street. There were two doors so we picked one. A young man opened the door and denied our message because he's an atheist... made sense. I asked if there was anyone we could teach.. haha, he said oh yeah! and knocked on the door next door for us. He said this lady would love to talk to us and peaced out! Haha, we were like... uhh okay. So a lady and one of her kids came to the door. She loved us but was in the middle of putting her kids to bed (a family... score!) we asked her who else we could visit and we ended up getting like 4 references and contacting 3! It was very successful! Then we were walking home and I stopped at a door. I was like, Hermana 1 more. And we rang the doorbell. A young girl answered. I asked if we could come in and share a message with her. She said yes and just soaked it up! We have another appointment with her. Her name is Elizabeth. I love her! I am so excited to go back to that street.
 
Okay phew! Now I am definitely done! Love you all! 

Until next week!
Hermana Happy :)

Name the airport (this is for you Uncle Mike)
Arrived in Argentina

At Buenos Aires Temple

Typical A-town street

With Elder Slighting

No comments:

Post a Comment