Monday, August 3, 2015

The Last One.

Hi everyone!

My heart is bursting and my eyes full of tears as I have reflected on this incredible adventure I have had. I can't put into words how incredibly happy I am. I had a very emotional week. We are seeing the hand of the Lord every day here. We worked so hard every day. I have truly grown to LOVE this work. I love teaching, tracking, contacting, walking around smiling, serving, praying, planning, studying, and most of all watching someone experience the conversion process.

The other sisters had a baptism this weekend. A 17 year old boy named Alejandro. His mom is not a member and was hesitant for a really long time to let him get baptized. When they got to the chapel she sat on the front row. The talks were very spiritual and the baptismal service made us all cry. Then as he was changing we watched meet the mormons... but just the story of the missionary mom. The spirit was so strong and I couldn't help but cry. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. The most important part of all of this was that Alejandros best friend is Lucas, Lucas is a member of the church. He invited his friend to come, was there in every missionary lesson, and was able to baptize his best friend. And he will be by his side every step of the way. THAT is what I have learned is missionary work. Friends helping friends make that special decision to start them on the path back to our Heavenly Father. Lucas passed by Alejandros house every Sunday morning, read the scriptures with him, and helped him feel loved. It was so neat to watch. I am so excited to keep helping those I love most gain a strong testimony of their Savior and help them come, or come back to this incredible gospel.

This week we had interviews with President Chaparro. Mine was short and sweet. He counseled me to always listen to what the Holy Ghost is prompting me to do, that I always should seek my Heavenly Father's help in every decision I make. To stay focused on my goals and carefully plan how I am going to reach them. He came to every apartment personally and had our interviews there. (we normally all go to the stake center.) He got to know us a little better with the pictures of our families on the walls, and how we like to organize our things :) It was fun to have a visitor :)

An update on our area...
We are seeing so much progress in the ward. We saved a lot of marriages.. and lots of eternal families. I feel good. The Caro family came to church on Sunday!!! They are definately converted. Because it is short notice they won't be married this week. But this month for sure! Then they will be baptized as a family :) I love them so much. They have been made fun of, robbed, and rejected for just talking to us. But they have stayed firm to what they know. They love the Savior and stick together as a team. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Mercedes is letting Satan get the better of her. She still needs a lot of help. But she will get there.

Well I thought I would end with my testimony. I have such a love for this gospel. I love my Savior. His is my friend, my teacher, and my guide. I love my mission. My own personal time to let my Heavenly Father mold me into the daughter He wants me to be. The lessons I have learned here are eternal. This country holds a special place in my heart. The people I have met are my brothers and sisters. I love them dearly. I don't want to leave but I know my Heavenly Father has a lot more in store for me. I will devote my life to Him. The gospel is true you guys! It's ALL TRUE! The Book of Mormon is TRUE!!! Christ LIVES! Our Heavenly Father knows us!! Each of us personally! I love this church. And if I could chose one thing that I have learned here is that we are here on this earth to be HAPPY! So be happy everyone! Thank you for all your support, love, and prayers. I have the greatest family and friends. I love you dearly.

Have a great week!!
Hermana Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment