Monday, July 27, 2015

The one with the light at the end of the tunnel....

Hey everyone!!! 

Man was it a good week!! First of all I want to apologize for my letter last week. I felt bad after leaving the internet cafe because I felt like I was a little negative... We had a GREAT week last week and sometimes I just write about what happens on Sundays. So just know that I am happier than ever and that the problems really are never as big as they seem.  

Anyway :) This week was really great! In our district meeting on Tuesday our district leader could tell I was a little down. He took us outside and we looked at all the trees. Then he showed us the seeds that came from the trees. He asked us why they haven't grown yet... then he asked if it was the tree's fault if it's seeds don't grow. I loved how he explained it. He told us to not blame the tree. The tree's job is to be a tree! 

So I hope you can see how this applies to missionary work. I have been focusing on being the best ¨tree¨ i can be :) 

Then we read together in Ether about when the Lord helped the brother of Jared get his people to the promised land. He first needed air, then light. I felt like that is what I needed last week. A little air and a little light :) Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. We immediately saw miracles. But we are still dealing with trials. But like the story in Ether the storms they were in were what pushed them to the promised land. They needed the strong winds to get them there! It was a great chapter for me to read. I love the Book of Mormon!

Speaking of scriptures... My companion and I finished Isaiah this week! It was so much easier for me to understand in Spanish!! I loved it! Isaiah was a pretty smart dude. It was neat to read. 

So yesterday the Caro family came to church!!! They are going to get married next week!!!! If everything works out like it should they will be baptized as a family next Saturday! :) but if the wedding doesn't happen then the 2 boys will be baptized. They are so excited and are ready to make this decision in their lives. PLEASE pray for them! We are asking for a miracle... but God is a God of miracles. 

Also Mercedes is still on her road to baptism. She just has to get some things figured out :) and we found some other great families this week!

Our ward is doing a LOT better! This week was full of activities! They are going to be just fine :) 

So we are just doing better than great here in Palpala :) The sun is out and the temperatures are higher :) I will escape just before summer.... hahaha 

Thank you all for your love and prayers. It means a lot. 

Until next week,
Hermana Hammond 

No comments:

Post a Comment