Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The One with a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Hello everyone!

Wow we have had some very humbling experiences this week. There is too much to write.... luckily I have been diligent with my journal :) 
I wanted to share 3 stories of 3 people who have really touched my heart these last few weeks. 

1. Mercedes. She has had a really hard time with feeling worthy. She is absolutely incredible. Her and her boyfriend are not married and are living together. Our lovely bishop kind of called them out on it and she felt terrible. All she tells us is that she wants to make things right with her Heavenly Father. That baptism is her main focus and that she will do anything to get there. She absolutely LOVES church and soaks it all in. She has been so patient and incredibly humble in the whole process. She is such an example to me. I am praying I will still be here for her baptism.

2. Jose Luis. He is a recent convert who is battling with an alcohol addiction. To watch a grown man come so low in his life that he literally has to beg for forgiveness is so humbling to watch. As we teach him he just cries. It is heart breaking for me. Please pray for him that he can over come his addictions. He is so willing to put it all on the table and follow Christ but addictions are very hard to overcome. 

3. Claudia. She is an investigator that we are teaching. Her husband passed away a few weeks ago. Her kids are members but her husband didn't let them go to church. She was interested in the gospel but her husband didn't let her go. The week he died they were all in sacrament meeting. It was kind of funny... haha but they are still going through a hard time with his death. She cries a lot and we can see it hurts her so much. She is working on baptism. She hasn't come back to church. It has been a few weeks. I know it just is hard for her to feel like getting up in the morning. I know it just hurts her. 

I have learned a little more this week the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us. I cry as I think about the blessings He has given me. I have grown such a love for these people. I want to do everything for them. 

I love this work and everything about it!!

Thank you for all your prayers!
Have a great week!! Keep sharing the gospel! 

Hermana Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment