Monday, July 21, 2014

¡FELIZ DIA DEL AMIGO!

Hello everyone!

Woah this week was crazy!! Thursday we went to Satla... at midnight... we drove all through the night and got there at like 7am. We went straight to the place where I need to renew my traveler's visa and waited for the elders... they got there and some more hermanas too. Hermana Briggs was there! It was good to see her. And then we waited... and waited... and waited... and didn't even start!! The problem was there was too many people there and they close at 1. So we went back to the mission office for a little bit and then got on a bus and came back at like 8. We went out and taught a few lessons and then completely crashed that night... we calculated we had been traveling for 20 hours... on a bus for 14 and hadn't slept in 2 days... and for that... I now have a cold. Haha I should of saw it coming. The worst part is we have to go again this week... our bus leaves at 3 in the morning on Wednesday... I'm tired. Haha, but what can you do.

Okay can I just tell y'all how great Oscar is?? He wrote us a letter and I forgot it in the apartment but he wrote a super long letter and then had his friend come over and help him translate it for hours into English. He gave it to us Saturday and had Hermana Creason read it out loud... well it was the sweetest most precious letter ever. And in perfect English! I will share a little bit of it next time. Then Sunday he invited us over to meet some of his friends. We got there early and 3 of his friends came over and were so interested in the gospel! Oscar has shared his testimony with them many many times and ughh!! He is such a missionary!! It was so cool to watch his conversion. He knows without a doubt this church is true and all he wants to do is share it. He is also helping his family a lot. We need to be patient with them but he has it under control. It's soooo cool!!!

Valeria accepted a day to get baptized! August 6th! Can you please pray that will happen? I think it is the anniversary of when her dad died. I know she can do it and if we pray Heavenly Father will change her mom's mind.

Sunday was the day of the friend! We had 3 investigators at church! Mirium and Carlos are progressing! They asked us if we wanted to go out for drinks.... I guess we need to teach the word of wisdom in the near future... haha. 

Tonight we are going to the fair! It's really just a place to buy a bunch of cool things from all over Argentina! I am so excited! 

Well that about sums up the week! I love you all! Thank you for your prayers! Keep living up the summer! Oh, speaking of summer, today is the prettiest day ever! Winter is over... only lasted like 3 weeks... that's my kind of winter ;) And now it is gorgeous! Not looking forward to the hot hot Argentina I have heard all about but it's gotta come some time. :)

Okay I love you all!
Until next week!

Hermana Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment