Monday, December 8, 2014

The one with my hijita :)

Hola mis queridos!! 

Wow what a great week!!! 

Monday- spent all day at the bus station.... slept a total of 50 mins... 

Tuesday- District meeting!! Our new district leader is from Ecuador! He is so great! We have great goals set and are all super excited! I worked with the other sisters and left for Salta around 5 :) I saw Elder Slighting at the station! I am so surprised how often we see each other. It's great! He's doing good! 
We got to Salta around midnight and went and slept at the sisters apartment there. Let's just say, I slept like a baby.

Wednesday- I met my companion!! Sister Sanhueza!! She is from Chile and I absolutely adore her!!! And it gets better, WE SHARE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!!!! February 20th!! And we will be together!!! So pumped!!! She is such a hard worker! We had a training, ate lunch, and were off to the the bus station. We all got there and definitely stood out... hahaha there were 44 of us. But I put down our suitcases, asked the elders to watch them and we went contacting!! Had 3 lessons right there!! My companion rocks. She did so good! I did the first contact and let her do the 2nd. She is already a pro. We got home just in time to put her things away, plan for Thursday, and get to bed on time.... again, slept like a baby.

Thursday - Sunday
We had weekly planning... then went and taught!! We had so many miracles this week it was incredible!!! People who had NO interest to now wanting to come to church! We had 17 people committed to come to church. We planned to go look for 9 of them.... well Sunday came and.... nothing. I was super frustrated. We had an amazing week but nobody was at church. I tried to stay excited and happy for my companion. But on the inside I was crushed. SOO I turned to the scriptures. I learned that it is so easy for me to lose track of what this work is all about. Yes we are here to baptize but I need to REMEMBER that if I am obedient, diligent, and working hard, I should feel satisfied. This isn't the work of Hermana Hammond. This is the work of THE LORD. 

Anyway. We are hopeful and happy. Here's to a new week! It's been absolutely hot here.... We are dying.... like the bottom of my shoes are melting it's so hot... haha. Our fan broke but I bought a new one this week... don't worry dad, I will get reimbursed. haha.  And hopefully when president comes, he will buy us air conditioning! Merry Christmas to us!!! Haha when we come home from working we get our towels wet and put them in the freezer, quickly plan, and then wrap ourselves in our frozen towels. Hahaha, also this morning... they cut our hot water... my shower consisted of filling up a bucket of ice water, counting down 3, 2, 1, and dumping it on me... yeah... I have a lot more to be grateful for. :)

Well fam bam, I am super happy here. I can't believe it's already December.... does any one else feel like it's still March? Haha anyway. I love you all. Have a great week. 

ANDDDDDD A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO MY BROTHER AUSTIN!!!!! 18 years!!! I love you so much kiddo! You are my favorite brother and best friend :)

Happy Holidays!!!- the city put up Christmas lights all up and down the streets.... it looks like Christmas but definitely doesn't feel like it... haha. 

Hermana Hammond

All of the new sisters and their trainers!

Hermana Briggs is training Hermana Sanhueza's companion from the MTC!!! Super cool! Companions training companions.

We put our wet towels in the freezer... best. idea. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment