Monday, October 6, 2014

The One with GENERAL CONFERENCE!

Holy smokes family did I love general conference!!! I feel overwhelmed with all I want to share with you! Here are some of the things that stood out to me. 

1. Parents. Right now I have my earthly parents, my mission parents, and my Heavenly parents. They are all here to guide me and love me. Also I have to prepare now to be the parent that will raise strong children in the gospel. I have to be strong and do all the preparation I can because the family is so important. Here's a quote that explains the whole reason I am here:

-Many young women are serving missions. Many are preparing not because they aren't married or have nothing else to do; but because they have a desire to serve and therefore are being called to the work. The reason so many are going is because Heavenly Father will be sending HIS priesthood army to the earth and wants to send them to mothers who have been properly trained and taught the gospel. What better training can a young woman have than that of serving a mission. - I LOVE THAT! 

2.Spiritual Revelation. God sent us here to make decisions. It gives us oportunities to grow! He did not send us here to be confused or alone. We have the tools to know what is God's will. 

3. PROPHETS! Wow! Do I have a desire to follow the prophets!!! What great talks! Such motivation to have so much trust in the prophet because really it is God's way of talking to, teaching, and helping His children. WOW I didn't want it to end!

Okay so update on the work. We are teaching a family right now. Mom and son. The dad died about a month ago. They came to conference and loved it! Preparing for August 25th! Espergin family :) AND!!!..... drum roll please...... JUAN CAME TO GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!! BOO YEAH! He loved it! Wants to listen to us again and is going to church Sunday!

Last night we had a lesson with Sara and Camilla! (They want to be baptized but don't have permission. We were trying to teach their dad.) Well last night he listened! He told me something cool. He said, I don't know the gospel is true, but I know that you know it's true. And I am going to do all that I can to be able to testify like you do. HOW COOL IS THAT! His heart is changing! I LOVE THIS WORK!

Okay fam bam I have to write President. I love you all so much! I can't even begin to tell you how much your prayers strengthen me. I loved the final prayer on Saturday morning blessing the families of missionaries! I once heard a quote that said, the strongest angles in heaven are now the familes of missionaries! SO TRUE! I love you all! I would love to hear what you loved most from conference! Sorry I don't have pictures this week... forgot the cord again... haha next week for sure!

BIG HUG FROM ARGENTINA!!!! 
Hermana Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment