Monday, September 29, 2014

The One80

Holy cow have I experienced a 180! I am so much better! And to my surprise it didn't come from the Zone Conference or the Women's Conference. It was an attitude adjustment. This week I took a piece of paper and wrote down all the things that were bringing me down... it was pretty long. haha and then...... I burned it. Yup. I lit that sucker on fire. It was just what I needed to move on. Those things aren't important right now. The only thing that should be on my mind is "Am I doing enough to serve the Lord this day?". So yep I am a new person! Ready to move on from that struggle and look toward the future! 

Hermana Jimenez and I are doing great! We are serving each other and laughing more :) Every other day is English Day. We pray, study, and talk all in English! She's so cute. She's helping me a lot with my Spanish. Haha it's so dang rewarding when your district leader (who is from Argentina) calls at night and has to ask who he's talking to because we sound the same.. and then when the sisters call they ask the same thing.... I LOVE IT! haha I'm a Chilean! This week we both celebrated 6 months and 12 months on the same day! Hna J made oatmeal cookies to celebrate!

So this week I am going to have a cool opportunity to help a sister in out zone. She is from the states and is really struggling. She just wants to go home. There are a few North Americans in the zone and president asked me to help her for a day. She will work with me on Wednesday! I am so greatful that my President and my Heavenly Father would trust me to help this sister in such a fragile situation. Please pray for her and that I will be able to help her.

So women's conference was fantastic!! I watched it in English because when we watch it in Spanish you can hear the English in the back and for a North American it just about makes your head explode. Haha. I LOVED the focus on temples! It's so great especially after hearing about all of my cute friends getting sealed in the temple. That should be such a focus in our lives. It is the house of the Lord. I loved it. And I am SOOOO excited for general conference!!! Ahh I can't wait! :)

Investigator wise we are struggling. We have some of the greatest people here who want to be baptized but they won't come to church!!! It's so frustrating! Sunday we were waiting for 10 investigators and 2 came... Camila and Sara. And they don't have permission to be baptized... frustrating. But we are still happy, hopeful, and sweaty... haha it's so hot here.... I'm praying I will get transferred to Salta where it is at least a little bit cooler....

I want to thank all of you for your letters and your prayers. I have the biggest support team. I can feel your love and it strengthens me everyday!

Until next week!
Hermana Hammond

Fun culture fact... I thought I would share a fun culture fact each week. There are many :) Haha here in A-town people water the dirt.... yep. Watering the dirt is a 3 times a day chore. It prevents dust... well it helps... 

AND BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO MY COUSIN PEYTON!!! LOVE YOU!!!

6 month and 12 month mark with Hma J
6 months!

Happy Missionary


No comments:

Post a Comment