Monday, February 23, 2015

The One with the Big Changes!

Hey everyone!

It's been a week of changes! First of all... I turned 20! Yikes... haha it was the GREATEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!! Here's a quick run down. We spent all Friday morning working like crazy to find new families to baptize! Hermana Sanhueza and I calculated 10 people ready to join the church this transfer! It will be a great 6 weeks for her. Then we studied and went to the chapel for a family night that we have every Friday. We were so nervous that there wasn't going to be anyone there because they didn't announce it in church like they usually do. It seemed like everyone had things to do to get ready to go back to school. Well we walked in and SURPRISE!!!!!!! There were decorations, food, and so many members!! They threw us a surprise party!! It was so special!! The pictures will tell the rest :)

Next big change! I got transferred!! I am now in the beautiful Jujuy!! I am with Hermana Hooke! She is from California! She's been out 6 months.... I almost said ME TOO!... Then I realized I had been a little more than 6... It FLYS by! It seriously is like a dream. ANYWAY! I went from living will all Latinas to living with all Americans! Another big change but we all clicked right away! 

It was so hard saying goodbye to Tucuman. Especially to Hermana Salas. It was her who put everything together for the surprise party. She is an incredible lady. I love her so much.

And another big change!! We are a branch here in the area. Before they shared the area with Elders but they closed their area so.... we get to take it on! Adventure!! :) They have a baptism this week and we have a baptism this week! So please pray that we can find these peoples houses so we don't lose anyone! It will definitely be a great transfer I know it.

So ANOTHER change.... the apartment. I had just spent all last transfer fixing everything in the apartment in Tucuman... and I came to cockroach land... seriously some even started crawling on me. EW. I have lots of work to do. 

Well that about sums it up! Haha, so I have a funny story. Last Monday Hermana Sanhueza and I went to the city because we wanted McDonalds. I got a sandwich and fries. Then this man walks in and starts asking people for money. The manager saw him and came to kick him out. When the man saw that the manager was coming he ran up to us, (about gave me a heart attack), grabbed our french fries and took off running! Haha. I was like... What just happened? We looked at each other and started laughing. I guess we didn't need the french fries anyway :)

Alright now I'm out of time :) Please pray that all will go well this week with working in 2 areas! And bless that the baptisms will go through! 

LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for my birthday letters and emails. I am so loved.

Have a great week!
Hermana Hammond

I feel I should give a shout out to my little (big) brother Austin!!! He is just the greatest and is about to get his mission call! I am so excited my heart could burst! Little did I know what great things were waiting for me when I read Salta, Argentina. I get emotional just thinking about it. Austin you will be called to the exact place you need to be. And little do you know what is in store for you. I LOVE YOU! Go get 'em :)


Familia Cabrera... they are nuts.


Saying goodbye to mommy Salas.

This is Paula! She was sad I had to go but she is excited to progress with the other sisters!
Happy Birthday to US!!!

Turning 20 together!

Saying goodbye to Tucuman.



No comments:

Post a Comment