Monday, March 2, 2015

The One with the Locusts and Wild Honey

Hey all!

WOW!!!!!! What an amazing week!!

Here's a light speed update!!

Well I am definitely in the Jungle... I have seen all sorts of kinds of bugs here... And my legs look like I have the chickenpox :) hahaha. Seriously. We walk down the street and there are grasshoppers EVERYWHERE! They jump and hit you in the face... it's hilarious... but gross at the same time. I like to laugh about it so I don't start crying :) hahaha

We had 2 baptisms this weekend! Laura Rojas and Celeste Diaz!! They are darling girls in families that we are working with! Our theme this transfer is ¨Complete families¨. We are working like crazy to find, baptize, and send FAMILIES off to the temple. So please pray for them. Almost all of the kids are baptized and the parents accepted baptismal dates!! WHOO! 

This week we have another baptism! (Another family we are completing.) The Martin Family. This week Julian is getting baptized. He is 10 and that will be the last member of their family to get baptized. We are now working in 2 areas... it's insane. The Elders left us a list of names and we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to manage 2 areas!!!

Haha, funny story! Monday night we went to teach the familia Diaz. We were in the middle of teaching and I felt something on my leg..... I looked down and about a hundred ants were crawling up me!!! I started stomping my feet but I didn't want to freak out. Haha, I just said a prayer that I wouldn't get bit and kept on teaching. We finished and when we left I started brushing them all off and got them out of my shoes. And... NOT A SINGLE BITE!!!! My testimony of prayers definitely was strengthened :)

SO I am not typing fast enough.... haha but man do we have just so much work to do. I love being busy :) I wish you could see what I see everyday. The most humble people trying to find peace in their lives. The other day we gave a Book of Mormon to a new investigator. She burst into tears because she was so excited to receive something so precious. 

I LOVE THIS WORK!!! We are doing so much! And it is so rewarding. 
Thank you all for your love and prayers!! 
Hermana Hammond


Familia Diaz

Familia Rojas

This is Carolina :) she is one of Elder Slighting's converts. We are preparing her parents for baptism at the end of the month :)


No comments:

Post a Comment