Monday, March 16, 2015

The One when the Church got struck by lightening....

WOW!!! This week was incredible!!!!! We had an amazing zone conference with President Chaparro and the assistants. They all gave very great talks. We learned a ton! Sam spoke on obedience. It was so powerful. I wrote a list of things I can do to be more obedient. 

We had to wake up at 5 in the morning to travel to Jujuy.... it was a 2 hour bus ride.... and then 2 hours home. It's crazy being on a mission because you can't just crash for 5 hours to catch up on your sleep.... you just have to keep going. But somehow.... somewhere... we find the energy :)

Then we ended the week with Mayra's baptism! It was the most incredible day! Here's a readers digest version...

So we got to Mayra's house just before a HUGE thunderstorm hit. It was raining so hard and the wind almost blew the house away. The Diaz family lives in a very humble home. There aren't really walls... and their roof is just a big piece of metal. So we all huddled together and waited for the rain to pass. I suggested that we say a prayer. I started to pray and as I prayed it started raining harder!! I was like ¨Are you kidding???¨ I was hoping the rain would stop... but instead it got worse.... we started singing hymns... nothing.... we started singing louder... nothing. I looked at Mayra and she said, ¨well, lets get ready to go!¨ Their whole family started getting dressed to go to the baptism! Some of the members who were waiting at the church called and said the power went out.... I told them to say a prayer and that we would be there soon! We got everyone ready and started our trek through the muddy streets to the church! The thing is when it rains... it floods.... so we may have had to cross a few street rivers... but we kept singing hymns and laughing the whole way. We finally got to church... after singing I am a child of God about 200 times..... and.... There was power!!! Yay!!! We went through with the baptism. We didn't want to get the church all muddy so we all took our shoes off :) It was a beautiful baptism. She was so happy. And her dad came to church the next day! Speaking of church... we got there on Sunday morning and the steeple got struck by lightening!!!! haha yikes.....

I am so sorry my emails are not very detailed. There is SO MUCH to tell you and I get so overwhelmed every Monday as I try to fit a weeks worth of miracles in one email. But just know my mission is CRAZY! We sure love it here. I love my companion and I love our area. 

Thank you for your prayers!
Hermana Hammond


Mayra's baptism! Soaking wet...
We love Mayra :)

The church got struck by lightening....


No comments:

Post a Comment